Saturday, April 21, 2012

Stuffed peppers- breakfast style!


A few weeks ago Marcus and I spent the weekend in Whitefish to celebrate my birthday.  I could not have asked for a better day!  The sun was shining, Marcus bought me roses, we had coffee and I headed out for a birthday run.  While I was gone, Marcus had a brilliant breakfast idea- scrambled egg stuffed peppers….and let me tell you, they were delish!  All the ingredients were leftovers we had brought to the condo, minus the eggs.  It is a new weekend staple for us, as we have made it since.

Ingredients-

2 eggs, 2 egg whites
Asparagus
Red pepper (or any color you like)
Goat cheese
Strawberries or other fruit on the side
Black pepper to taste


Instructions-

Pre heat oven to 350

Whisk eggs and egg whites in a bowl
Thinly slice ends of asparagus and add to egg mixture, scramble in pan until done


In the meantime cut tops off peppers and cut them in ½
Place on baking sheet in oven for 5-10 minutes until warm
Take peppers out of oven and scoop scrambled egg mixture into the halves and place in pan



Top with goat cheese and remaining asparagus
Place pan in oven for a few minutes until goat cheese is melted


Serve with sliced fruit and coffee- enjoy!

b.

p.s here is a view of Whitefish Lake from City Beach during my run


No comments:

Post a Comment